Monday, February 25, 2008

Singapore Trip Day 3...

When I woke up, I got ready with my clothes and all and took a bath. The shower was constructed really weirdly. The handle was so far away from the shower head and I don't use the bath tub because I'm not used to it. Anyway, while I was taking a bath, my uniform fell on the floor and seemed to get wet. So I changed into something else and headed up to 1728, Toia, Brianna and Lizzie's room. Dani was already there and so I asked Dani if I could borrow her extra set of uniform because I knew she brought one. So we went to her room, 1941. Then I changed and left my clothes at her bathroom. Then we went all together and went to Kopi Tiam to have our breakfast. We had to give our room numbers again to the person at the front desk of the restaurant. Then we all ate mostly the same food we ate from yesterday. When we were done, we went all together to the lobby area where we always meet but then I forgot to get something so I had to go back to my room but I forgot to get my key out of my pocket which I left at Dani's room. So I got the key from Dani, went to her room, went to my room and got my stuff I forgot. Then I ran back down to the lobby. It always seems that I'm the one that goes to everyone else's room. Maybe it's because mine is farther from everyone else's and I'm the one staying with the person we don't usually converse with. Anyway, we went to the buses and were going to SMU aka Singapore Management University. They said that Filipinos that enrolled there are gonna show us around campus and tell us more about the college and all. First, we went to this big room with cool foldable tables and even internet plugs for your laptop. Anyway, the talk was really long and I was getting kinda sleepy so I was trying to keep myself away by reading this booklet thing they gave us about SMU and all. And the only time i dozed of a little, Sir V just had to see it. So from then on I was awake but was just leaning my head on my hand while reading the book thing. Then Toia sends me a message she wrote saying, "Sir says sit up or else green slip." Ok, at that moment I was thinking, "What in the world?!?" I am awake just reading a book and your gonna give me a green slip because I normally sit like that because of my back problem? Wow. How amazing. Anyway, we toured around the school and they have super cool entrance things. You have to slide your ID or card in or something then the glass doors would swoop sideways and let you in. I also found cool that the whole school had internet. There was even a time where a lot of us were on an escalator and it just stopped. It was really funny. It was like we broke it because there were so many people on it. I don’t know why but I just find it really funny. Alhough we had to walk all the way down which was making the tour even more tiring. It was very interesting though. They brought us to one of the lecture rooms but they said the one we were in wasn’t the good one because the better ones have projectors and hidden microphones and cameras and stuff, which I find really cool for a college to be so high tech because you wouldn’t see that in the Philippines. Everyone was also so amazed when one of the guys slid the white board. It was really funny everyone was amazed because it’s like they never seen one before. For sure I have seen those before. Siting in the chairs made me feel like an actually college student. I found it really cool.

No comments: